Saturday 14 September 2013

Sale to 'The Night Land' and to 'Dark Expanse'

Two sales last week, both to shared world venues.



The first is set in the Dark Expanse which is an online role playing game. My story, 'They Cannot Scare Me With Their Empty Places' is set on a desert world and the story is told through the eyes of  Lat, a soldier in the militia. Lat is my favourite kind of MC -- the unreliable narrator. The story will be embodied within the Dark Expanse game, to be unlocked like as a prize for completing a section of the game.

Some of the stories will also be collected into a Dark Expanse anthology to be edited by Alex Shvartsman. Dark Expanse is also looking for new writers ("with solid resumes"). You should contact Alex, he made a request through Facebook, if you're interested in applying.

You can read stories set in the Dark Expanse here.  (Go to Getting Started, then to Races). I love their music, by the way.

The second sale is to The Night Land. This is a venue that extends the world written by William Hope Hodgson. Set many millions of years into the future, the night land is a bleak place, a place of the dying earth.    My story, 'Low the Ascomoytan Sky' will appear around Christmas. But you can read stories set in the Night Land by other authors on the site

In others news I'm joining my writer friend, Sarah Grey in her "Project Write Like Rabid Jaguars are On Your Ass' to write five stories in two weeks.This is making me very nervous. But hey, it's good to push the boundaries, isn't it?
You can follow Sarah on twitter @sarahthegrey.

 And no doubt I'll have some more to say about it too.





5 comments:

  1. Did you ever read _The Night Land_? I keep meaning to, since it looks fascinating, but I am a bit put off by its length and style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge. I agree it's good to push ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever on the rise, young lady - very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 stories in 2 weeks? That's like W1S1 on steroids -- good luck! And of course, congratulations on the sales. Ye seriously rocketh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe inspiring as ever! Many congrats.

    ReplyDelete