Friday 18 October 2013

Easy Book Club Snack Menu


I get a lot of blog readers looking for book club snacks. I hosted my book club, last night. So here is my menu. It was pretty easy:

For 10 guests

baked camembert plus red and yellow pepper strips
150g Fancy Crisps
dozen mini cheese puffs (cooked from frozen)
breadsticks and cheese biscuits
peanuts
honey and mustard glazed sausages
spinach dip
white bean dip

Recipes

Spinach dip
150g soft cheese
150g frozen spinach thawed and drained
salt and pepper to taste
Whizz them altother with a blender. I make double quantities as it makes a good pasta sauce for the next day

White Bean Dip
150g soft cheese
200g cooked haricot beans from a tin or jar
pepper to taste.
Whizz them together in a blender. If you have herbs they're nice to add. I added lemon thyme.

Baked Camembert
Remove wrapping from cheese, put it back in the wooden box.
Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes until the cheese turns runny.
Serve with crudités.
This is the best and easiest recipe ever. I also like to serve it with roast lamb.

Honey and Mustard Glazed Sausages
Cut 6 posh sausages into bit sized pieces
Bake in a medium/hot oven until really brown (about 1 hour)
Add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard.
Bake for another 20 minutes.
I like them really brown and gooey

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. What time did you say you wanted us round? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be welcome! We're reading 'The Big Sleep' this month. Can you believe, I've never read it?

      Delete