I'm looking forward to my day out this Wednesday (1st May) when I'll be attending the mini conference, Writing the Future.
"The afternoon is designed as a series of creative short presentations and panels themed around the transformative power of science, technology, communication and the human imagination.
Fast, forward-facing and fantastically futuristic, Write The Future condenses the best bits of a typical two-day conference into a single afternoon of compelling content, inspired by the life and work of science fiction author, inventor and futurist Sir Arthur C. Clarke."
The topics include:
- Wrangling Shamans, Snake Oil and Science Fiction.
- Kinking Reality and Imagining the Future.
- Don't Feed the Lizard Brain. Surviving the Social Media Comedown
- Free Your Words and Your Mind Will Follow. Language as Technology and Ludwig’s Talking Lion
- The Bionic City of the Future
- Botworld. A Printer That Prints Its Own Face, and How The Web Won't Stay Trapped Behind Glass
- Future Now
If any one would like to join me you ARC have announced a discount code, "whatthefuture" via twitter: that gives you a discount bringing the cost down to £35 for the afternoon.