Saturday 1 June 2013

New Poem up at Mirror Dance

My poem 'Trouble in Golem Town' has just been published in Mirror Dance. This has reminded my that I haven't done any poetry either writing or subbing for ages. Shame on me. 


Double shame because writing poetry feeds into my short stories. Writing poetry exercises certain muscles in the noggin that I don't exercise when writing prose. Also, several of my stories started life as a poem and I know that this is the case for other writers and poets too.  So poetry = good.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Deborah! It's lovely to have a new poem included in something. I know what you mean though about not writing poems - mine have gone out the window with writing, blogging and book promotion all taking priority! It happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, poetry = good; and DW poetry = double good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Yes, poetry and a more poetic use of language certainly feeds in to other writing. I should do more, too. Note to self.

    ReplyDelete