Sunday 21 July 2013

New Story Set in the Dark Expanse Galaxy

My new story, 'Betrayal Clear as Kanzai Glass', set in the RPG Dark Expanse galaxy went live today.


This is my third story set in the shared world, Dark Expanse. it's intriguing to write a story set in a shared world. It sets a framework, of course, all stories must be consistent with the other published stories and with the RPG world. But there's an awful lot of freedom too, plus you can get to riff off the ideas of the other authors.


This story features the Kanzai who are semi-aquatic slug-like telepaths. I researched terrestrial sea-slugs as a basis for their biology. Did you know that slugs and snail undergo a 180 degree rotation of their internal organs? We just don't know if this gives Earth bound slugs the telepathic powers of their alien cousins.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is such a cool idea - writing in a world that others are writing in. I guess I've done this myself in written RPG, but the world I wrote in was that of an epic fantasy novel series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trisha. Shared world is intriguing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete